The Concord Children's Shop opened for business on December 1st 1938. It was started by three Concord matrons to fill a "void" in the local children's clothing scene by providing the finest children's apparel that could be found. In 1940 Louisa Alcott Kussin, a relative of Louisa May Alcott, author of "Little Women", assumed sole ownership of the business and she and her husband ran the store, for the next seven years, at various locations in Concord center.
In 1947 The Concord Children's Shop opened at its present location on the Milldam, at 79 Main Street. Some few years later as the business expanded to include women's clothing, the name of the business was changed to: The L.A. Kussin Co. Then in 1972 the second Kussin generation of son Fritz and his wife Gigi took over ownership and the name was changed yet again to: Kussin's, Inc, The Concord Children's Shop.
In 2005, the third generation of Kussin's, daughters Louisa and Karen, assumed management of the business. Amidst much fanfare, including a bright new coat of yellow paint, the store name was changed yet again. When the new name of: Fritz and Gigi, The Children's Shop appeared on the sign hanging adjacent to the front walk of the store, it was unanimously agreed that the new name was, by far, the best one of all.
In March 2016, a new family acquired fritz & gigi. Tina Napoli Fahey, her husband Jack and children Jake and Chloe have taken over and are planning great things for Fall 2016. Boys will be extended up to size 12 and some hip new lines are being added. Come on in and check it out!